[sane-devel] DIN-A3 Scanners supported by SANE

Rene Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 00:23:24 +0100

Hi,

Andreas Piening wrote:

> I need to develop a linux-based copier-scanner solution for a library.
> For this system I need a DIN-A3 Scanner working with LINUX and therefor
> supported by SANE.
>
> I've looked at the supported devices list for the Scanners I know like
> the "Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL" or the "Mustek P3600 Pro" but they are
> not supported.
>
> Is there a DIN-A3 Scanner out there which is supported by a
> SANE-Backend? If so, how good does it work?
> If not, is someone working on that? Is it a hard work or is it possible
> to do this on my own in measurable time?

All Avision A3 and Avision based OEM devices should be supported
and work "perfectly".

I have not yet had many Duplex ADF feeders, but e.g. the AV220 (but only
A4 sheetfeed, just as an example) is fully supported; scanning both
sides at once:

   http://www.exactcode.de/oss/avision

Have fun,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.exactcode.de/t2