[sane-devel] HP 7450C, hpusbscsi, permissions in Fedora Core 3

George Garvey tmwg-sane@inxservices.com
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 02:12:58 -0800

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 10:11:30PM -0800, Thomas Frayne wrote:
> I am running on an up to date Fedora Core 3 system, and have installed

> about libusb into fstab.  However, I was never able to stop the system
> from loading hpusbscsi whenever I rebooted and I don't remember seeing
> an answer to my queries about this.

   Why don't you ask the Fedora lists about this? This is specific to
that distribution. Here, you obviously are not getting people who run
Fedora and know how this is done on that distribution, and feel like
answering the question. So ask where it makes sense you'd get an
answer. Not loading a kernel module should be pretty straight forward
if one knows how the distribution loads it.
   I remember that problem. I don't remember the fix. Because I
stopped using Fedora as soon as I possibly could.
   As far as I know, Rene has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to
use hpusbscsi with the avision driver. He prefers libusb.