[sane-devel] DIN-A3 Scanners supported by SANE

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:06:37 -0500

On Jan 3, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Andreas Piening wrote:

> Hi Rene, hi Karl Heinz,
>
> [ ... ]
>
> The Other thing is: Which interface to choose? I need to engineer the
> fastest solution possible, so I think SCSI is the fastest, am I right?
> Is the sane-backend so "abstract" that it can handle the scanner at
> USB/SCSI/FireWire or no matter what, or do I need special support for
> the interface?

I cannot talk for the Avision scanner, but the EPSON backend will work
with
all three interfaces.
[ ... ]

> I need non-interlaced mode for single-pass scanning, am I right?
> Is there any limit regarding speed or quality compared to the original
> windows driver assumed that the sane-driver is well adopted?

Pretty much all modern scanners I know work in single-pass mode. All
three
colors are scanned in one pass.

Karl Heinz