[sane-devel] EPSON 2480 initialization

pub@phkoenig.fr pub@phkoenig.fr
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:57:45 +0100

Hi,

Now I can access my 2480 device, download the firmware and start xsane
interface. When I scan or preview, the page is resized to a 21x15 cm
(halh heigh) an the document is in the left half with a lot of noise. It
is unusable... I've tried a lot of settings (including removing
calibration...), it's always wrong.
The only way to get the true image and dimension is to boot under
windows (dual boot on the same machine), scan an image, and reboot under
my fedora3. Then the colors are right and I can scan.
I also have initialisation (known) problems, as two warming timeouts
(generally 5 and 33 seconds), and sometimes the scanner hangs and xsane
says "no device". It seems to be a        firmware loading problem, but
I use the esfw41.bin from the Windows CD, the same one that seems to
work for other people (sum Esfw41.bin returns "27453    63 Esfw41.bin").
Have you some tips to help me?
I use fedora 3, backend is 1.0.15, xsane is 0.96 downloaded last week!