[sane-devel] EPSON 2480 initialization

Reinald Kirchner reinald.kirchner@qbcl.de
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:14:14 +0100

Hi Philippe,
I use the 2480 with the following setup:
- base is a SuSE 9.2, i.e. the libusb-variant and not the kernel scanner
module

- I recompiled the 1.0.15 backend from source, but had a bit fiddeling around
with installation, it works best to delete everything installed by the distro
and make a clean reinstall, I had problems with some remaining links for the
libraries. So delete everything and make a clean reinstall from the point
where you compiled the backend. That was it for me 8-)

> I also have initialisation (known) problems, as two warming timeouts
> (generally 5 and 33 seconds), and sometimes the scanner hangs and xsane
warming timeouts are normal, I have the same behaviour.

I didn't fiddle around with any settings, and the images are ok.

Did you try to scan with the "scanimage"-tool provided with the backend,
making shure the latest 1.0.15 is used and not something leftover from the
former installation?

Good Luck,
Reinald
--