[sane-devel] epson 3170 support?

Russ russbucket@centurytel.net
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:29:43 -0800

On Monday 10 January 2005 03:03 am, alex bazan wrote:
> I bought Epson 3170 perfection after seeing in a linux-mandrake page it
> was supported (i should have checked sane list instead)...
>
> I had trouble installing it, but now it works with epkowa drivers.
>
> It worries me that gimp2 cannot access the epkowa plugin.
>
> I can still return it, but first i would like to know if there are plans
> for sane to support this scanner.
>
> thanks in advance.
> alex.
Are you sure GIMP2 won't support the epkowa drivers, I have an epson cx6600
running with the epkowa driver and can access it from GIMP2. I do have to do
it by logging in, starting my printer (turn 0n) then starting GIMP, it starts
scanner about half way thru the startup. Have not tryed it from GIMP after it
is running without the bove steps.
--
Russ