[sane-devel] Canon LIDA x0 - newbie question

Doug Mounce mounce@u.washington.edu
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:14:40 -0800

Sorry to interject, but I have a Canon LiDE30 USB that doesn't seem to
be supported by sane drivers on the Mac OS X.  Can I confirm that idea?

scanimage locks-up the scanner after moving the scan bar about half-way
down the page.

scanimage -L returns this message:

device `plustek:libusb:001:002-04a9-220e-ff-00' is a Canon
N1240U/LiDE30 USB flatbed scanner

I didn't understand how to read the backend's man page, or if adjusting
access permissions was recommended.  I don't really know where the
backend files might be.

/usr/local/etc/sane.d/  contains these lines:

#canon.conf
/dev/scanner
#/dev/sg0

I am new to device drivers and sane, and I haven't gotten any scanner
to work with SANE.  (An HP device advertised as supported by the Mac OS
X backends did seem to go a little further with the scan bar, but never
collected an image file that I could open.)  You might laugh (or
cringe) that I started looking at SANE in order to get a Ricoh IS420
high volume scanner working by converting SCSI-2 signals to firewire.

Any advice or confirmation would be greatly appreciated, regards, Doug.

On Jan 11, 2005, at 12:25 AM, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:

Hi,