[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 over network

Ian Cartwright ian351c@cox.net
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:04:01 -0700

Greetings,

I recently picked up an Epson Perfection 2400. I would like to use this
scanner over the network, however I can only scan in black and white. If
I hook up the scanner to my local PC, it scans fine (i.e. full color).
If I hook it up to my remote PC (aka "the Server") and run xsane there,
it also works fine. But if I hook my scanner up to my server and run
xsane from my local PC I can select only black and white for scans
(resolution is still settable though).

If I try to change color depth from within xsane I get the following
error message: "Failed to set value of option mode: Invalid arguement."

I am currently running sane-backends 1.0.15 and xsane 0.96 on all my
computers. I am also using the epson backend and libusb (instead of
scanner.o) to access my scanner.

Is there anyone out there that can help shed some light on this? Please
let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

Thanks.

--
Ian Cartwright