[sane-devel] plustek_pp - OpticPro 4800P scanner -- strange comportment of the machine

Jo Bano chezbano@free.fr
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:01:50 +0100

hello,

I just make my scanner reacting to the plustek_pp backend (it was a bit
complex but c0ffee saves me on #sane)

Now the command "scanimage -L" initiates the scanner but this one makes
a strange (and infinite) noise as soon as the carrier is back to its
initial place !?

It's apparently an hardware problem but could it be linked to the
backend driver ?
I hope someone already heard something about that kind of non-stopping
carrier event.

Thanks in advance and thanks for your open work.
Jo

PS: I already thought opening the rear of my scanner box to freed the
carrier but I only have small scissors...