[sane-devel] Driver for Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II scanner

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:31:02 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 11:36:30PM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> I'd like to announce the initial availability of a driver for the Genius
> ColorPage-Vivid Pro II scanner (parallel port). It's available at
> http://www.dcc.fua.br/~alg/geniusvp2/.

Very well.

Is this scanner completely different to the one supported by the
plustek_pp backend: "Colorpage Vivid Pro II Film"?

> It was based on the pxscan code available at
> http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-25069/pxscan.html, but was cleaned up a lot since
> then (see ChangeLog). There is no SANE backend yet, but I plan to write one
> soon.

As you don't have a backend yet, I have added this scanner as
"unsupported" but with a comment and link pointing to your standalone
program.

> SANE devels: the .desc file for this driver is at
> http://www.dcc.fua.br/~alg/geniusvp2/geniusvp2.desc.

Will be added once there is a backend :-)

> I plan too write a SANE backend soon and after that request for its
> inclusion on CVS.

Ok!