[sane-devel] Driver for Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II scanner

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo@yahoo.com.br
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:45:27 -0400

On Sunday 16 January 2005 13:31, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Is this scanner completely different to the one supported by the
> plustek_pp backend: "Colorpage Vivid Pro II Film"?

I suppose yes. plustek_pp supports 9600x and 9800x ASICs, while Vivid-Pro II
has 91000 ASIC. The only similarity I see is that both (Pro II and Pro II
Film) use an Wolfson ADC (or DAC, or AFE, what's the correct name for this
component? ;-).

So It's possible I could reuse at least the ADC-related code, if I cannot fix
the code that's already on geniusvp2.

BTW, here is all information I could collect about my scanner, if anyone is
interested (I'll put that on the website once I have the sourceforge project
approved):

Obtained from the scanner itself:
ADC: Wolfson Micro WM 8143-12
ASIC: EICI 091000
Memory: NEC 424210-60

FCC ID: EMJFB308C (Primax Electronics Ltd)
MODEL: FB601C

Obtained from ASIC registers:
ASIC ID: 0xE1
Product ID: 0x06

I'd appreciate if anyone could compare this with other scanners information so
we can find out which devices (other than Vivid Pro II) will be supported by
this backend. Specially Primax devices, as the FCC ID says its OEM is Primax.

Thanks,
--
Anderson Lizardo