[sane-devel] Epson perfection 4870 - gamma and brightness in 16bit mode

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:37:08 -0500

Richard,

the Perfection 4870 does not have an exposure setting, and only
supports 8bit Gamma tables. I suspect that you see the combined gamma
applied by the scanner and xsane, whereas scanimage only gives you
access to the scanners gamma setting. Have you tried xscanimage?

Karl Heinz