[sane-devel] LiDE 35 question

Luke Campagnola lcampagn@mines.edu
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:08:02 -0700

On January 18 2005 00:29, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 03:23, Luke Campagnola wrote:
> > I got a Canon LiDE 35 a while back without checking to see if it was
> > supported (I cleverly assumed that LiDE 30 support was good enough), and
> > rather than sending it back, I'm giving a go at writing the backend. I'm
> > most of the way finished sorting out the differences between the gl646
> > and the gl841, but I'm worried about damaging the scanner. Does anybody
> > know what things I should look out for, and whether this scanner has any
> > built-in protection?
>
> Hi,
>
> what protection you're looking for? These devices are so cheap, that
> there's nothing inside which can protect them in any way. But in general,
> if you take some care nothing will happen.

Mostly I'm worried about moving the scan head too far and applying too much
power to the lamps (there's a register that controls the lamp power by PWM).

It seems like the Genesys chip will automatically stop the motor when the home
sensor is triggered, but that would only work if there does indeed exist a
home sensor.

Luke