[sane-devel] TWAIN SANE bug report

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy@Malcolm.id.au
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:51:59 +0800

Hello,

I am trying to use the net backend on Mac OS X, which uses a
proprietary Samsung SCX-4100 backend on a Linux machine.  When I run
"scanimage -L" on the Mac with debugging enabled, it correctly shows me
the scanner that is shared on my remote machine (after pausing at
"add_device: adding backend" for a very long time), but
"SANE_DEBUG_NET=128 scanimage > test.pnm" gives me an error:

[sanei_wire] sanei_w_array: DECODE: maximum amount of allocated memory
exceeded (limit: 1048576, new allocation: 3180390528, total: 3181439104
bytes)
[net] sane_get_devices: ignoring rpc-returned status Unknown SANE
status code 1768846189
Segmentation fault

My server is running Debian Linux with sane 1.0.13, and I can scan
locally on that server using SANE.  I have tried using the test backend
on the server instead of my real scanner's backend, and then it works
on the Mac.

I can't get any help out of Samsung for this.  I would be grateful for
any help from this list.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy@Malcolm.id.au> Personal: http://www.malcolm.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)