[sane-devel] LiDE 35 question

Luke Campagnola lcampagn@mines.edu
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:55:26 -0700

On January 21 2005 00:46, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> [ . . . ] in general I suggest first to snoop the USB
> traffic on the windoze box, analyse it and figure out the basic chip
> settings for this scanner, then you should be save. It's some odd kinda
> work, but I'm pretty sure there's no way without it :(
>
> Gerhard

I did a USB snoop for a few different situations--preview, scan, and
calibrate, but I've run into a snag- there are some USB control messages I
don't understand, and their values are not listed in genesys_low.h. They seem
to be fairly important messages because there are very many of them, and
their data strings change constantly. Furthermore, the gl841 spec doesn't
appear to have the USB protocol listed, so I'm at a loss here.. Where did you
find the control message values that are listed in genesys_low.h?

Luke