[sane-devel] Epson RX600 - can't find

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@member.fsf.org
Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:13:41 +0900

g.hinger@verizon.net writes:

> Thanks, it turns out I had this rpm2tgz tool already.
> I used rpm2tgz and then pkgtool to install the precompiled iscan binary.
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my system (see below). It's not linking to
> shared libraries on my system properly. Creating symbolic links, e.g.
> in /usr/lib, doesn't seem to fool it. I'll have to get the default sane-epson
> backend working somehow :(

The problem is most likely due to mixed 64bit/32bit libraries, but you
do _not_ need the iscan binaries to get the RX600 to work.  It speaks
the ESC/I protocol and should work quite well with the epson backend.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/