[sane-devel] Nikon LS 5000

Spiro Angeli Spiro@siriush.com
Wed Jul 6 10:55:19 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I tried to email directly the author of the Nikon sane project but never
obtained a reply. So, I try to post here with the hope to get an answer, if
possible (even from himself).

Between Nikon LS 4000 and LS 5000 there are major improvements that made me
choose the LS 5000. Moreover, LS 4000 has been discontinued by Nikon, at
least in Italy. So, how will I be able to make my LS 5000 work if I do not
see any compatibility with sane?

I kindly wish to ask if the developer for Nikon has any plan and any schedule
date.
Also, I wish to ask you guys for help/advice.
Obviously, I am aware of ViewScan, but do not know if I can perform batch
perfectly with the Nikon LS 5000.

I have to scan a lot of pictures, 35mm films made of negatives that have been
cut to 4 frames per each. I have to manual feed them, but wish to do so
through batch so that I do not have to interact with the GUI part.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Spiro