[Fwd: Re: [sane-devel] Proposed timetable for the release of sane-backends-1.0.16]

Sat Jul 9 13:45:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:40:12PM +0200, gerard klaver wrote:
> I have stil some memory leakage errors (with valgrind xcam -B) when
> using my stv680 backend. At the moment no idea how to solve them.

Some of these seem to be caused by xcam and libusb, not stv680.

Maybe you get better reports when linking the frontend to the backend
directly (without the dll backend). Move away libsane and add a
link from libsane to libsane-stv680. That way you should get rid of
the "???" in the memory lossage reports.

Testing with scanimage may also help to eliminate errors caused by
xcam.