[sane-devel] Testprog for Canoscan lide 50 doesn't work - Error in usb_con.c

Gian Domeni Calgeer gidoca@loefisch.org
Sun Jul 10 22:06:39 UTC 2005

> i`m glad to hear that someone is "working" on "how to understand the"
> genesys chipset..
> is there still developement cause i really like to see this canon family
> supported by sane but i'm unfortunately not able to write code..
> i can only support some coders with testing and communication sniffs..
>
> the canonscan testprog works fine out of the box with my lide35 ..
> but .. it's neither integrated in sane nor does it support all
> functions .. so please lets coordinate some work to have a running
> backend soon ;)
>
> greetings
> werner

I would also like to see my scanner working with sane and I would like to do
something if it's helpful, but unfortunately my C knowledge is very limited
and I don't know at all how to develop a sane backend so I can't do very
much...