[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250Photo doesn't work.

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Thu Jul 14 07:23:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

first of all, please also post to the list - not only to me!

On Thursday 14 July 2005 09:28, Slawomir Sejda wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]

> Hi
>
> First of all thanx for this tip.
>
> I have the same, look at the output:
> .
> .
> .
> [plustek] ---------------------
> [plustek] usbDev_open(auto,) - 0x806c728
> [plustek] sanei_access_lock failed: 11
> [plustek] open failed: -1
> [plustek] sane_get_devices (0xbfac54a8, 0)
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> [plustek] sane_exit
>

> I think something is wrong here. I checked my dll.conf and plustek.conf
> and everything is ok.
> I dont know what is going on but when I compile stable or install
> slackware package (doesn't matter) everything is ok and scanner works.
> Even earlier CVS snapshot worked fine. As I wrote I have this problem in
> CVS after latest changes in plustek backend.

in the end, nothing is wrong ;)
The locking mechanism has been enabled but could not lock the device
and therefore you'll have no success.

Please try the next one:
xport SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_ACCESS=255 ; scanimage -L
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_access to 255.
[sanei_access] sanei_access_init: >plustek<
[sanei_access] sanei_access_lock: devname >libusb:002:003<, timeout: 5
[sanei_access] sanei_access_lock: success
[sanei_access] sanei_access_unlock: devname >libusb:002:003<
[sanei_access] sanei_access_unlock: devname >libusb:002:003<
device `plustek:libusb:002:003' is a Canon N1240U/LiDE30 USB flatbed scanner

and what about:
ls -l /var/lock

and what does
id
show?

Probably you do not have access to /var/lock/sane

Ciao,
Gerhard