[sane-devel] How to obtaint the scaner init values

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Tue Jul 19 05:59:57 UTC 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 15:55, Hans van Buitenen wrote:
> Hi, I have a CanoScan LIDE 20 and would like to bypass the time consuming init.
> Therefore I would like to read the scanner init and put it into the sane init plustek.conf
> and then switch the init off.
> Anyone know how to do that? Or something similar?

Hmmm, "use the source, Luke" ;)
To be honest - it's not that easy. The coarse calibration stuff will already be saved
to a special file, when using the option cacheCalData. The time consuming stuff is
in the end the calibration. The fine calibration shouldn't take that much time, but
in the end, this point also needs some rework to allow saving the calibration results
to disk and reuse it prior to a scan, this is not done yet. But cacheCalData should
save some time.

Ciao,
Gerhard