[sane-devel] HP 7450c problem

Philip J. Hollenback phil at telemetry-investments.com
Fri Jul 22 15:46:35 UTC 2005

Hi Pablo,

I've been working with a 7450C and the ADF.  I haven't had any
problems with the ADF.

One thing you need to do is go to the Avision website and grab the
latest backed driver:

http://www.exactcode.de/oss/avision/

it has a lot of enhancements over the stock 1.0.15 avision driver.

How are you scanning with the ADF, command line or xsane?  On the
command line, you have to use '--source Automatic\ Document\ Feeder'
with the 1.0.15 driver or '--source ADF' with the newer driver from
the avision website to tell the driver to use the ADF.

Unfortunately in my case the latest driver does not work due to some
usb problems.  The maintainer (Rene) is aware of this and hopefully
there will be a fix soon.

Also there's a problem with the 7450C where when it goes to sleep it
can't be woken up.  Again, there should be a fix for this in the newer
driver, but I can't test it due to the usb problems.

I've cc'ed the sane-avision mailing list on this as well - that's the
best place to ask questions about these scanners.

P.

--
Philip J. Hollenback
Telemetry Investments