[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 2400 (GENESYS)

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Tue Jul 26 05:09:52 UTC 2005

Le Mercredi 20 Juillet 2005 14:29, Julio Otero Boehl a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've just finishing compiling and installing the latest CVS on my
> system, tweaked the config a little bit, and the ScanJet 2400 is
> recognized. I did not test it too much, but would like to know if I can
> help the developers in some way (testing, etc).
>
> My Linux system is a little bit odd (It's a Linkstation system running
> kernel 2.4.17-ppc. I'am using libusb 0.1.10a.
>
> Best regards and thanks for the work on the genesys backend.
>
> Julio

	Hello,

	what I need to complete HP2400 support is usbsniff-1.8 logs- taken under
windows- of clearly identified scans. Based on these data, I'd should be able
to tune the gl646 functions to run your scanner. However, since I don't have
acces to such a scanner, you (and others) will have to test the changes,
which will be a slow process. Hopefully the 2400 is close enough to the 2300
so it may not be that long.

Regards,
	Stef