[sane-devel] Preferred configuration file philosophy

Gregory C. Johnson list.ix.gnucash at gregjohnson.com
Tue Jul 26 05:52:36 UTC 2005

Whilst pomdering sp15c.c, I started wondering:

Does anyone know what the current "best practices" cross-platform
configuration file strategy is?

I know *ix is all mixed up with rc files, conf files, etc.
Windows only has two personalities I'm familiar with, INIs & Registry entries

OS/2 -  I'd guess they got a registry before the split, so they probably
have two as well.

Knee jerk, I'd think the preffered strategy would have something to do
with xml, but I havn't seen anthing in that realm... Too verbose/pedantic,
perhaps?

Thanks,
-Greg