[sane-devel] unable to scan with umax 1200

Eli Spizzichino ml at javanet.info
Wed Jul 27 17:35:35 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I have two umax 1200 speedy II connected with the shipped NCR5380
compatible isa card. With one scanner the scsi card&scanner is
recognized by sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L but xscanimage makes
the kernel freeze on scan (xsane freeze at start). I have tried with all
ncr_addr listed in the doc. The other scanner doesn't seems to be
recognized at all.
command used:
modprobe g_NCR5380 ncr_irq=255 ncr_addr=0x280 dtc_3181e=1

I hope I don't have to throw both in the bin :(
thanks in advance
Eli