[sane-devel] Working Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB

Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:22:44 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 04:56:13PM +0100, Jonathan Hipkiss wrote:
> I only ever see complaints or questions of scanners that aren't working
> on this list, so I thought I'd send a message of thanks to all concerned
> for the fact that my Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB works fine under Mepis
> (Debian) with very little configuration!

Thanks for your report!

As this scanner is "a bit different" (it has a CIS sensor and an
additional lamp) it needed quite some dirty hacks. However I'm still
not absolutely satisfied with its calibration. I get vertical lines
beacuse of bad calibration sometimes. Maybe it only happens with my
scanner...