[sane-devel] Unable to run scanimage

Stefan Urbanek stefan@agentfarms.net
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:02:58 +0200

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 19:03 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:21:59PM +0200, Stefan Urbanek wrote:
> > I have a problem running scanimage. When I try it:
> >
> > scanimage -d genesys
> >
> > I get:
> >
> > scanimage: open of device libgenesys failed: Invalid argument
>
> Run "SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage -L" to find out what's wrong.
>
> Bye,
>   Henning

[stevko@stevko experimental]$ SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255 scanimage -L

but sane-find-scanner gives me:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2213 [CanoScan],
chip=GL841) at libusb:004:022

Before the scan image managed to use the proper device, it failed
further on different problem. Now it does not even try the device.

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi