[sane-devel] good adf scanners

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:13:01 -0400 (EDT)

that is nice to hear. i bet you are using SCSI. the 4120C can get a little
flaky on USB. its replacements, the 5110C and the 4120C2 seem much better
in that regard.

however, i have taken bertrik's advice and done some experiments where i
keep throwing commands at the scanner until it responds. so i may have
found a way around the usb lockup problems on the older models, without
calling usb_reset.

my kingdom for a spare moment to code it....

allan