[sane-devel] Scanning Time Question

Spiro Angeli Spiro@siriush.com
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:22:06 +0200

Hi,

Approaching 15000 pictures 35mm I wish to know, for those who already have the
scanner (I am thinking to purchase a Nikon LS 4000 or LS 5000) how is the
scanning process.

I explain better:
If I say I have 50 pictures to scan, how do you handle the scanning process?
Is it possible to scan x number of pictures, holding them in memory and then
save them to the disk all at once or do I have to scan and save, scan and
save?

I am trying to understand what is that I will be faced with. I am also trying
to figure out how much time it will take for me to scan pictures, and am
trying to figure out how to standardize the process of manually scanning all
these pictures.

I know that scanning time depends on the depth of the scanned picture. But is
there a table that shows based on the depth of color and bits what is the
time needed for the device to scan and save?

Thank you,
Spiro