[sane-devel] scanimage looks for the wrong libs

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot@lphp.org
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:43:45 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Maybe a change in libtool? Do you use the libtool that comes with SANE
> or a different one?

I tried both, the one included and the one that comes with OpenBSD as a
package.

> There is a now commented out part in the install traget of
> backend/Makefile.in that was used for creating links. However, it
> hasn't been used since 2 years:

Well, I will have a look at this.

> The symlinking should be done by libtool.

Allright, but how ? Since it is not done by default here, is there a
switch I could use ? I'm not familiar with libtool...

> scanimage itsself doesn't llok for any backends. Usually it's linked
> statically or linked to the shared libsane-dll backend. The dll
> backend then loads dynamically the other backends.

You're totally right, I figured that out after investigating a bit more.

Thanks I'll look into the commenter links in the Makefile and see if I
could make it work that way.

Regards,

Antoine