[sane-devel] Bug in snapscan or sane network protocolo?

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:30:36 +0200

Il giorno gio, 09-06-2005 alle 19:50 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz ha
scritto:
[...]
> > while, when scanning, I get a different amount of data:
>
> This is perfectly legal (see SANE standard). The normal way is:
>
> sane_get_parameters (returns estimated values)
> sane_start
> sane_get_parameters (returns exact parameters)

I just made some changes to the code, to actually try this way, but this
seems to be impossible, since once start() is called, then you have to
receive the complete frame so you cannot call get_parameters().

Probably this works locally, since you may interlace function calls,
while, on the network, you may only send/receive data sequencially.

Where may I find a SANE network protocol specification?
I looked at the saned source code and noticed the data may be
transferred using a different socket. Is this true? Are there many SANE
protocol versions?

Giuseppe