[sane-devel] Re: Genesys experimental status update

Philipp Schmid philipp8288@web.de
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:03:38 +0200

Stéphane VOLTZ wrote:

>Le Dimanche 12 Juin 2005 12:53, Nikolas Arend a écrit :
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Following the status-update posts I'm not quite clear about the status
>>of the gl841 part of the backend. Does it do s.th. yet and are scanners
>>with
>>that chipset already supposed to be recognized? I checked out the
>>experimental cvs code and tried both genesys and genesys-new, but despite
>>sane-find-scanner detected my CanoScan Lide 80 and the chipset, it does
>>not get listed by scanimage -L.
>>Could one of the devs please post a short gl841-specific status report
>>so I know what the backend is supposed to do?
>>Thanks a ton for your work on the backend!!
>>
>>Best,   Nick.
>>

>	Hello,
>
>	with the current code in experimental CVS, the GL841 cannot work. It
>is detected but get stuck early. I don't know for other source repositories.
>At least Gerhard Jaeger and Philipp Schmid have expressed interest on this
>list to get it work. Maybe they could give some hints on how they are
>progressing ?
>
>Regards,
>	Stef

Hello,

currently I don't devel at genesys cause I've to spend a lot of time for the class
tests in school.

I'm aiming to do some developpment on the GL841 wenn I've got more time.

But everybody who's also interested in devel for GL841 is welcomed.

Bye
	Philipp