[sane-devel] How to interpret mode and depth

Oliver Rauch Oliver.Rauch@Rauch-Domain.DE
14 Jun 2005 18:50:32 +0200

Hello Mohit,

you find the answer in the descriptons in
sane/sane-backends/include/sane/saneopts.h:

SANE_DESC_BIT_DEPTH:

"Number of bits per sample, typical values are 1 for line-art and 8 for
multibit scans.

8 bits per sample for RGB => 24 bits / pixel

Best regards
Oliver