[sane-devel] Re: Unpaper 1.0.1 problem

Jens Gulden mail@jensgulden.de
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:24:49 +0200

Hello,

Janusz S. Bien wrote:
> I hoped the processing will result in the better centering of
> them, as my primary goal is to split double pages into single ones.  I
> can make the input and output files available if you would like to
> have a look at them.

That's a good idea, please send some examples.

> BTW, what whould you recommend for splitting spreads into single
> pages? I intend to use `convert' with `crop' option,

'pnmcrop' might also work for that.
Have you also tried 'mogrify' instead of 'convert' for cropping? Maybe
it has more sophisticated cropping features, I don't know.

but for this
> specific job it is cumbersome. The scanning has been done by a
> library, and for almost every page the size of its scan are different!
> Hence I have to compute the crop coordinates separately for every
> page.

Would it be useful to pad all images to a common size before all further
processing (add a white border around the smaller ones)? Just an idea...
Can you also prepare an example for this?

Jens