[sane-devel] Re: sane-devel digest, Vol 1 #802 - 1 msg

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev@modulonet.fr
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 06:46:20 +0200

Le Samedi 18 Juin 2005 01:27, Nightwulf a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> > > 	Does it happen at every resolution ? Can you send a sample image ?
>
> sorry for the late answer but I missed your first answer.
>
> > 	did you get some time to test at 16 bits again ?
>
> yes, I just built sane with the genesys cvs tonight and there are some
> important changes:
> 1. preview scan now works in xscanimage and kooka
> 2. 600 dpi scans work (slow but you explained already why), no distortion
> at all
>
> if i do a preview scan before trying 600 or 1200 dpi, i get this stepping
> forward/backward all the time again. Seems to me as if the status of the
> scanner isn't resetted properly after preview scan.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Torsten

	Hello,

	thanks for the report. So the last bug reamining is an re-initialization
problem. Since I had to give back the 2300C I borrowed, I need you to
send me a log file so that I can fix it.	Run xscanimage from an xterm, after
setting debug to the max with the following commands:

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
xscanimage 2>debug.log

trigger the bug and send me the log. Sending another log with a working
600 dpi scan would also help.

Regards,
	Stef