[sane-devel] Re: Unpaper 1.0.1 problem

Janusz S. Bień jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl
20 Jun 2005 19:51:05 +0200

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005  Jens Gulden <mail@jensgulden.de> wrote:

[...]

> Try
>
> ./unpaper -vv --layout double --pre-rotate 0 --post-rotate 0 04b.pgm
> unpaper04.pgm

OK.

[...]

> I have also tried to find some other settings which make your original
> image better. Try e.g.
>
> unpaper -vv --layout double --pre-rotate 0 --post-rotate 0
> --mask-scan-threshold 0.4 --grayfilter-size 5 --grayfilter-step 5
> --blurfilter-size 25 --blurfilter-step 15 --blurfilter-intensity 0.05
> --border-scan-threshold 8 04test.pgm unpaper04test_jens.pgm

Thanks.

The original scans converted to DjVu are available as

        http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/polszczyzna/PTJ/b/b01.djvu

The scans processed with the suggested settings (and split with
pnmcut) and also converted to DjVu are available at

        http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/polszczyzna/PTJ/b/b01up.djvu

Although the processing improved the images in some respects, in
general the result seems to me less readable then the
original. Fortunately I can live with it :-).

Best regards

Janusz

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)