[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 35 with vendor-id 0x131d?

Gerben Wijnja gerbs@gerbs.net
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:10:45 +0200

Hi all,

This morning I bought a Canon LiDE 35 and expected it to work under
Linux and it looks like it's not (yet) suppported. (Yeah, I should've
taken a look at the compatibility-list first, I know..)

Everywhere I see it says that Canon uses vendor-id 0x04a9, but
sane-find-scanner reports:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x131d, product=0x0155) at libusb:001:003

These are completely different numbers than what a page like this one
says about the LiDE 35, 40 and 50:
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-lide-50.html

What's going on here, is this a new unknown chipset or something? A
search on '131d' on the sane-devel-list doesn't give me any results and
Google isn't really helpful either.

If you need more details/logs/whatever, just ask.

Thanks in advance,
Gerben