[sane-devel] Kyocera FS-1118 MFP

Rainer Bendig aka Ny lists@moins.de
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:07:18 +0200

David Chamberlin wrote on Wed Jun 22, 2005 at 10:17:37AM -0700:
> FYI, this model does support Scan to E-Mail, Scan to FTP, and Scan to SMB
> (Samba) directly from the front panel as you would imagine.
The only problem with scan-to-.* is that it scans the whole scanning
area which is giving me a big, big file which I must first crop and so
on. (scan-to-scp would be very nice :P). I don't run either smb, ftp
or e-mail servers in my network. So i must send it via internet which
means round about 4 megs for one picture uploading to my smtp with
12kb/s and then i need to download it again :-). It works, yes but its
aching. (is that the right word for "weh tun"?).

And yes, sane-find-scanners finds the big, big baby like the
following:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x0482 [Kyocera], product=0x032b [Kyocera FS-1118MFP]) at libusb:004:006
found USB scanner (vendor=0x0ac8 [Z-Star Corp.], product=0x301b [PC Camera]) at libusb:001:005

last one is my build in webcam which i cannot use with linux, unix or
bsd. sane-find-scanners lists all (also unsupported) devices AFAIK)

scanimage -L results as the following:

(And yes, I really really hate X.)
Rainer Bendig aka "Ny" |  http://www.moins.de  | GnuPG-Key 0x41D44F10