[sane-devel] Back-end for CanoScan 3200F?

Werner Macho macho@mond.at
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:30:14 +0200

hi!

> The genesys backend gl841 MAY be the closest to what
> you are describing here, but some details you mention
> show small variance from the gl841.  The backend for the
> gl841 probably best described as an early start, or a stalled
> project.  The project remains blocked due to access to the
> registers, and unknown vendor read/write commands.  From my
> tests on Canon LiDE 35 that scanner NAKs every attempt I have
> tried so far.

> Providing details on what went down the usb bus would
> certainly help.  The log from a scan may provide some clues
> to what is currently unknown.  It would also be helpful is
> someone with a Canon LiDE 35 could post a log so that more
> information would become available to that project.

i'm a "proud" owner of a LiDE35, if you tell me what kind of scan you
need i'll do it and post the logfile.
shall there be any "test-picture" scanned or is equal which picture is
been scanned?
also which dpi should i scan?

i hope that someone is able to write a backend cause i'm not a C
programmer but i would certainly do anything else to push this project
forward.

regards

werner