[sane-devel] Batch Scanning.

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:46:41 -0400 (EDT)

>>> The problem is, the backend gives an "Invalid Option?" message that
>> prevents
>>> it from scanning when turning that feature on.
>>>
>>> I can send more verbose output if anyone is interested.
>>>
>>> Tyler.
>>
>> sorry tyler, i have not had a chance to even look at length detection. i
>>

>> have not a clue just what the scanner does when that is set.
>>
>> very little chance of it being simple :)
>>

>> what size are the finished documents after you scan? all of them 23
>> inches
>> long?
>>
>> allan
>
> Precisely :-)
>
> I'm assuming that SANE just does a loop until it reaches the scan area's
> boundary then starts the next sheet? (Or is that a function of scanadf?)
>
> Anyway, it'd be interesting to get this somehow shoehorned into
> sane-fujitsu.

actually, it is entirely the scanners fault, i quote from the beautifully
translated interface manual for the 4097

"If the length that is not within the physical length is specified, the
data is padded with dummy data white for the number of bytest exceeding
the physical length before it is transferred."

so you asked for 23 inches, you get 23.

from looking at the manual and the code (briefly), i think the backend
gives the options for length detection, but does not actually implement
the code needed to use it. can you give more debugging error info, so i
can see how far it gets?

allan