[sane-devel] scanimage: where's the _image_?

David Morse David Morse <dcmorse@gmail.com>
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:38:08 -0400

I'm trying to write a script to scan from the scanner and print the
result to the printer.

"scanimage" looks like the command line way to scan an image.=20
Invoking it causes the scanner to scan, and it looks like this:

  % scanimage -d epson:/dev/usbscanner0=20
  P4
  # SANE data follows
  632 879

I can't see any file produced by this.  I've futzed around with the
manpage, and found reference to a '--filename' argument, but its not
supported in the device-specific options of my scanner.

So how do I get my hands on the image created by the scanning????!

(xsane works fine, btw)