[sane-devel] [ANN] Unpaper - post-processing scanned book-pages

Johannes Berg johannes@sipsolutions.net
Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:17:10 +0100

On Sa, 2005-03-05 at 16:31 +0100, gerard klaver wrote:
> I had the idea that Jens (the developer of the unpaper program) is also
> the maintainer for unpaper in SANE CVS. So SANE CVS contains the new
> version.

Incorporating software like that is almost always a bad idea -- it ties
release management and other things too closely together, even if the
sources are maintained in a single place.
I agree with Oliver in that it'd be nice to have a link to this, and
debian (and other systems) could adopt a "sane-tools" meta-package that
would depend on the extra tools.

johannes