[sane-devel] [ANN] Unpaper - post-processing scanned book-pages

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:58:39 +0100

Jens Gulden <mail@jensgulden.de> wrote:

Hi Jens,

> unpaper removes black edges and other photocopy artefacts from scanned
> images. It also deskews book pages (auto-rotates them to a straight
> alignment), and centers them on the sheet.
> Old photocopies can become well-readable PDFs again.

Unpaper seems to have endianness issues; running it on my powerpc
gives me a white page as the output, no problem on an i386 machine
though. I'll see if I can come up with something.

I'm interested in adding jpeg support to unpaper, although convert
does the trick for now.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>