[sane-devel] unpaper default parameter - empty output bug

Peter Fales psfales@fales-lorenz.net
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:29:37 -0600

Thanks for all your help.  I think we're getting closer.  I'm using the
Makefile rules supplied with unpaper:

unpaper:
        cc     unpaper.c   -o unpaper -lm

so I was already using no optimization.   I was using gcc-3.2.2 which
is the default compiler on my system.  I tried building with gcc-2.95.3
and it worked!  It also fails with gcc-3.4.3.  Oh wait!  When I use
gcc-2.95.3, it also fails when I use -O2!   Perhaps gcc-3 is doing some
optimazation automatically that gcc-2 only does when -O is used.  Wierd.

Now that I can build both a working and non-working version, I should
be able to track down where the two are diverging.  Not sure how quickly
I can get to it though.

--
Peter Fales
Peter "at" fales-lorenz.net