[sane-devel] Genius ColorPage Vivid 4

Daniel del Castillo Daniel del Castillo <daniel.del.castillo@gmail.com>
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:49:18 -0400

I'm having problems trying to get a genius vivid 4 scanner working.
I'm running FC3 (2.6.10-1.770_FC3) and SANE 1.0.15-1.4. Next is a
snapshot of my console:

[root@localhost ~]# lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0458:2014 KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems)
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04a5:0301 Acer Peripherals Inc. (now BenQ Corp.)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
[root@localhost ~]# sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=0x0458, product=0x2014 [600DPI USB Scanner],
chip=GT-6816) at libusb:002:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
[root@localhost ~]# scanimage -L
device `gt68xx:libusb:002:002' is a Genius ColorPage Vivid 4 flatbed scanner
[root@localhost ~]# scanimage
scanimage: open of device gt68xx:libusb:002:002 failed: Invalid argument
[root@dc9f85a1b ~]# sa
sa                     sasl2-sample-client    sasldblistusers2
safe_finger            sasl2-sample-server    saslpasswd
sa-learn               sasl2-shared-mechlist  saslpasswd2
same-gnome             sasl2-static-mechlist  sasl-sample-client
sane-config            saslauthd              sasl-sample-server
saned                  saslauthd1-checkpass   savecore
sane-find-scanner      sasldblistusers
[root@localhost ~]# scanimage -L

[root@localhost ~]# sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=0x0458, product=0x2014, chip=GT-6816?) at
libusb:002:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

Note that second output of sane-find-scanner is sightly different to
first and scanimage didn't recognize the scanner after failed. I
downloaded the firmware from http://indexdata.com.br/Kurumin/Pacotes/
(file ccd68861.fw). Aynbody can help me?

Thanks
--
-DdC