[sane-devel] Re: Umax 610P needs

Marc Williams marcw@onlymooo.com
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:22:48 -0600

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:56:26 +0100, svoltz@wanadoo.fr wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 02:57:00PM -0600, Marc Williams wrote:
>> 1) Is there a way to turn off the lamp via software on this thing?
>>
> 	Unfortunately, there is no way to switch it off (at least to my
> knowledge).

Hmmm...  I wonder how the umax Windows software does it?  I suppose we'll
never know...

>> 2) I found that I could get this software to work with my 610P only by
>> setting the BIOS to SPP.  This makes it quite slow to use (at least I
>> *think* that's why it's slow).  Will I ever be able to use ECP or EPP
>> with my 610P and get better performance as a result?
>>
> 	There is no EPP support yet. I'm thinking adding it, but it won't be
> before a few months, since I haven't much time for it.

Ok, thanks for the reply.  If there's any way for a non-coder to help,
please advise.  Ever since I got her Quicken to run under QEMU, scanning
is the last remaining piece to 100% WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) of Linux.