[sane-devel] ScanJet 4C

Ted Parks tparks@linuxmail.org
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:41:42 +0800

New to Sane, I am trying to configure an old HP ScanJet 4C on my Linux box =
running FC2.

Dmesg suggests that FC found the SCSI controller:

scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.2.36
        <Adaptec 2940 SCSI adapter>
        aic7870: Single Channel A, SCSI Id=3D7, 16/253 SCBs
=20
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: HP        Model: C2520A            Rev: 3503
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 3
Attached scsi generic sg1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0,  type 3
Attached scsi generic sg2 at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0,  type 3
Attached scsi generic sg3 at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0,  type 3
Attached scsi generic sg4 at scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0,  type 3
Attached scsi generic sg5 at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0,  type 3
Attached scsi generic sg6 at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0,  type 3

But, when I run sane-find-scanner, sane reports that there are no SCSI scan=
ners attached, instead finding a USB scanner that does not exist. I created=
 a symbolic link between /dev/scanner and /dev/sg0.=20=20

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ted Parks
--=20