[sane-devel] film scanner in linux?

Ulrich Deiters Ulrich.Deiters@uni-koeln.de
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:15:21 +0200 (METDST)

> Hello, and sorry if this is slightly off-topic.  I've been thinking
> about buying a dedicated slide/negative scanner, but none of the models
> I've seen in the market seem to be supported by SANE.  Could anyone give
> me recommendations about which film scanners work well under Linux?

If "in the market" includes also older or second-hand models,
thre are some SANE-supported film scanners. The Canon FS2710S
does work (2700 dpi, SCSI interface); if you need higher resolutions
or IR channel, you should look for Minolta or Nikon.

Regards,

Ulrich Deiters