[sane-devel] Problems with custom-gamma

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:57:36 +0200

--nextPart1152717.kQY1NiUbKx

Hi,

> We are trying to get an Epson Perfection 2480 Photo to use custom
> gamma.  The command line arguments and error message returned are
> below.  The scanner seems to be working otherwise.

This is a known bug in the snapscan backend in release 1.0.15 and=20
earlier versions. It's fixed in CVS.

> Also, is there a way to hardcode, say through a symlink or
> something, a static name for the device so it doesn't always change
> each time we unplug/plug it.  As it stands now we have to change
> the device name in our application if the scanner has been
> unplugged or powered off.

You can add some fancy stuff to the hotplug script to create a symlink=20
for your scanner device. However, if you only have one scanner=20
connected, you shouldn't need to specify the device at all.

/Oliver