[sane-devel] USB2 4 port hub and write_scanner(0): funky result: -32

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Sun, 01 May 2005 11:20:38 +0200

Alexander Iain Kempshall <email@aikempshall.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Alexander,

> Using a power supply made no difference. Adding scanner to the blacklist does

Ok, too bad :/ When using USB hubs, this is the very first cause of
USB errors.

> seem to have made a difference. Rebooted the machine three or more times now
> and on each occasion the scanner works - eventually. I say eventually
> because in each new session the first time a scan is attempted it will fail
> with the following in dmesg -
>
> usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed dev 5 rqt 128 rq 6 len 2 ret -32

Hmm, I can't remember which include file has the error defines, I'll
have a look again later.

> On the second and subsequent attempts the scanner works perfectly. What do the
> errors mean?

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>